For the full user guide open GoWin! software and press the F1 (help) key.
For instant help, move the mouse over the interface elements and follow the messages.
The basics are simple:
- For Prediction, set the desired period of time in the future and press the Prediction button
- For past results and Performance, set the desired period of time in the past and press the Performance button
- To find the best leagues with the highest accuracy, calculate Performance and then use Best Choice
- For manual selection see the main parameters here, section A, Another perfect match thanks to GoWin!.
- For automatic selection, use Techniques
Example: Predictions for Premier League
- Open the desired competition: England > Premier League.
- Choose the date when the games will be played and check the option 'Sel League'.
- Press the 'Prediction' button to get the tips.
- Select League type: All Leagues, National Leagues, International Competitions.
- Change Odds Format: European – EU (decimal), British - UK (fractional) or American - US format.
- Switch between Full Time (FT) /Half Time (1H) /2nd Half (2H) mode: All the predictions, statistics and other data will be calculated and displayed according to the selected mode.
- Odds Type: choose between maximum and average, opening and current/closing odds.
- Zoom: use left and right click to adjust the windows to fit your screen.
Analyze and Forecast window
- All the available competitions
- Rounds (played and forthcoming)
- All the matches of the selected team. To select the team, double click on it in Standings table.
- Statistics regarding the football tips
- Predictions / Performance table
- The date when the matches play.
- Sel League - to calculate the predictions for the selected league or country or for all the leagues.
- Confidence - to calculate the safety level of a certain match.
- Flash - to predict the matches that are not scheduled in the database.
- Sorting options - right-click in the table.
- Prediction button
- Predictions table
- Competition and round
- Teams Biorhythm & Face-to-face Analysis
- Matches: Home Team - Guest Team
- 1X2 % probabilities - The probability of the outcome of a match to be 1, X or 2
- Correct score
- Confidence - the values that will signal the surprise results as well as the safest predictions.
- Higher values for both teams mean safer choices!
- A lower coefficient for one or both teams is a sign that a surprise result is more likely to happen.
- A choppy or whipsaw unstable history of results will automatically be reflected in a low Confidence value.
- Right-click in the table to order the matches by Match Confidence (i.e. aggregate Confidence). The safest predictions will be displayed at the top of the table.
- To learn more about Confidence see section M, Understanding Confidence values.
- The odds. Click on the above label to see more types of odds.
- Predictions stats
- 'Who will win?' - to estimate the final standings and calculate the 'Team Power', i.e. the chances of each team to win the league – in Fast Statistics box.
There are 3 ways to improve the settings and finely-tune the prediction engine in order to get better results - more winning tips: fixed, automatic and manual fine tune.
Contrast - use this function to adjust the number of doubles and trebles according to your needs. Reduce the Contrast while the hit rate remains very good or increase it for a safer level of the predictions.
- Dropping odds
There are three ways to see and work with dropping odds:
- Right click in the Prediction table and Order the matches by Odds movement
- Via the message displayed when you move the mouse over the odds in Prediction table
- Create a technique - see the Odds movement parameters
Use this option to find the best leagues, with the highest success rates
The winning tips are highlighted in red!
Before choosing certain competitions, it is recommended that you check their Performance for both long-term (e.g. last 3 months or more) and short-term (e.g. last month or less).
- Button to check the performance.
- Best Choice! - option to easily find the best leagues with the highest accuracy.
- Competition and round
- Teams Biorhythm and Face-to-Face Analysis
- Games: home team and away team
- Probabilities for 1X2: the chances there for the match to end in a home win, draw or away win
- 1X2 tips
- Predicted score
- The actual score of the match
- Performance stats
How to find the best competitions with "Best Choice!"
- Select the desired time interval in the past: e.g. last week, last month or last 3 months
- Uncheck “Sel. league” (to calculate for all leagues) and press the “Performance” button
- Use “Best Choice!”
Use "Best Choice!" to find the best Leagues, with the highest success rates. Choose leagues with high success rate. If you want to find matches likely to end in a surprise result, choose leagues with lower success rate, where many surprise results usually happen.
Then use the "Confidence" values to select the best matches from these leagues. High Confidence means that a normal result is more likely to happen. Low Confidence means that a surprise result is possible. The extreme values (too low or too high, e.g. 0 and 100) must be analysed with caution or avoided.
Use this feature to select your own favourite leagues and work only with them. Follow the instructions displayed when you move the mouse over the Star icon in the Leagues menu. Click on the Star icon to turn on/off the Favourite leagues mode.
My Ticket: Favourite matches
Select the desired matches and create your own ticket. Follow the instructions displayed when you move the mouse over the Star icon above the Prediction table. Click on the Star icon to view the selected Favourite matches. Click again on the same icon to return to the normal operation mode. This feature is available in the Biorhythm window as well.
Click on this icon to open the Biorhythm window:
It is a great place to see detailed prediction, check the current form of the teams and conduct head-to-head analysis.
An extremely powerful engine that will bring your daily valuable tips in just one click
Simply apply the default techniques or define, test and apply your own selection strategies.
A good starting point in defining new techniques is studying the pattern of the clearest past matches successfully predicted.
Click on the Download button to install the default techniques.
- Calculate Performance/Prediction
- Select the desired technique(s) and click Apply or Apply selected
- The matches that fit the criteria will appear in the Prediction table
Creating a technique:
- Calculate Performance
- Set the desired criteria and click Apply
- If it has good results, enter a name and click Save
- To ensure that it works in the long term, test it over a long period of time (e.g. 1 year) with the help of Performance. To save the new result or any other change press Update
Calculating the Optimum stake:
- Calculate Performance for the desired period. The longer the period, the more accurate the calculation
- Select your technique and press Apply. The programme will automatically calculate the optimum stake. Press Update to save the new stake. Then, Apply selected will use the new stake
- The optimum stake percentage is automatically calculated and cannot be manually set. Sometimes, the optimum stake may be higher than 15%. For more stability, we limited the optimum stake to 15%, which is already a very high value. So take this into account and see 15% as a maximum value.
Backing up and restoring
- Display “My techniques”, select the desired techniques and click on the Backup button
- To restore or add new techniques simply drag and drop them in the Techniques list or right click on the Backup button
- Select the techniques and right click on the Apply selected button
Creating new techniques. Limitless possibilities.
Creating new techniques profitable over the long term is quite a tricky yet very rewarding and enjoyable activity. The possibilities are limitless.
To get a good margin of profit, try not to base it too much on both teams' full-season statistics, because the opening odds rely on the same statistical base. The plain statistics can be used but not too much and not alone. It is better to be more dynamic, and limit to last n matches, or to last n days, or add more restrictions only to one team and more relaxed parameters for the other team or even add additional indirect parameters.
- The parameters marked with percentage sign % are percentage parameters and not absolute values. e.g. Standings > Places 0-20% means the first 20% teams in league standings. In a league with 20 teams, 0-20% means places 1-4. 80-100% means places 16-20.
- For Statistics reference values, take a look at the corresponding figures shown in the Statistics window.
- All the calculations are based on single bets with the recommended stake percentage of the current bankroll.
- "Apply" will use the currently displayed parameters while "Apply sel(ected)" will load the selected techniques and apply their parameters.
- For the best long-term results it is recommended that you use the optimum stake percentage individually calculated, after testing it over a long period of time via Performance. To see the technique name and stake for each selected match, click in the Prediction table and move the mouse over the Tip column:
- For lower bankroll fluctuation, you can also consider a smaller stake. The long term results will be lower too, but still very good.
- When defining a new technique, it is advisable to choose just a few criteria. One may not be enough, too many or contradictory criteria may drastically reduce the number of selected matches.
- The Bankroll growth is influenced by 2 main factors: Return and Number of won matches (i.e. successful betting cycles). The more constant the bankroll growth (see the graph), the better the technique.
- Selecting the best odds available will make a huge difference. Getting higher odds with only 0.05 (e.g. from 1.52 to 1.57 or 1.70 to 1.75) can lead in the long term to increasing the bankroll even by 100 times!!!
- The "Value bet" parameter compares the true odds (the inverse values of the calculated probabilities) with bookmakers' odds and outputs value bets. Theoretically, any match with this parameter higher than 1 is a value bet. Practically, because of the algorithm used and of other factors, this threshold may vary so you can experiment with various intervals. You can add or manually analyse other parameters too, in order to improve the selection even further and not to rely only on one parameter, even if we are talking about value bets.
- One of the best and simplest way to use the Techniques: create a few very simple techniques to filter and select good matches with similar strong characteristics for the desired type of bet. There will be much fewer and higher quality matches to analyse, things will be much faster and your analysis will be simpler and better. Start with the odds, which are universal parameters. Then continue with certain relevant stats, biorhythm, goals scored, conceded or predicted, win/draw/lose streaks, standings, differences between the two teams. Test the techniques on past matches to check and fine-tune the selection but do not restrict the parameters too much, because the goal is getting not many but enough matches for manual analisys.